Knife Skills & Olive Oil + Balsamic Tasting Kids Summer Week 1
Time & Location
About The Event
• The classes will last 2 hours each, 2:00pm – 4:00pm
• Each week there will be a different theme for classes; if children want to take multiple weeks of classes, they will not learn the same foods/techniques twice.
• They will receive the recipes for each class
• Menus may change based on availability of ingredients.
• Chefs may change based on scheduling conflicts.
• Not a parent involved class.
What we want children to take away from the class
• Basic Knife skills including chopping, slicing, dicing, safe handling, and other kitchen safety. (Parents will be required to let us know before the start of the first class if they think their child will be able to safely handle a knife and follow the directions given).
• To learn basic skills that make cooking enjoyable for kids.
• To get kids comfortable with kitchen equipment.
• To gain appreciation for the preparation of foods
• Taste Identification, sweet, sour, salty, bitter
• We will be cutting onion, tomato, carrots, celery, cucumber and make a salad to eat at the end.
• Learn the health benefits of Olive Oils & Balsamic as a salad dressing choice
• Olive oil & Balsamic tasting, choose their combination for their dressing.
- Knife Skills Class$40$400$0